Search Results for pain-and-pleasure
Recalling and remembering pain transfigure then into the pleasure of sharing and caring. Barbara Miceli in her article entitled “Escape from the Corpus: The Pain of Writing and Illness in Philip Roth's The Anatomy Lesson” invites us ...
Author: Bootheina Majoul
Publisher: Cambridge Scholars Publishing
Category: Literary Criticism
View: 416DOWNLOAD & READ
been largely predicated on the assumption that pain and pleasure were objective and polarized. Casaubon's work was published at a time when discourse on the nature of pain was becoming both more complex and more widespread.
Author: John R. Yamamoto-Wilson
View: 488DOWNLOAD & READ
Katastematic pleasure is absence of pain, more precisely, absence of pain that is perceived or of which one is aware. This, then, constitutes pleasure and is what katastematic and kinetic pleasure have in common in virtue of which they ...
Author: David Wolfsdorf
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
View: 770DOWNLOAD & READ
PLEASURE. AND. PAIN. We live our lives between two opposite experiences. These are not the socially cultivated axis of heaven or earth, and right or wrong – they are poles that exist viscerally and moment by moment, as we live in hate ...
Author: Julia Paulette Hollenbery
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
View: 538DOWNLOAD & READ
So when we discuss pleasure we must deal not only with the continuum between pain and pleasure but also between theoretical pleasure such as ideas, the arts, and conversation, and plainly physical pleasures such as food, sexuality, ...
Author: Lionel Tiger
Category: Social Science
View: 887DOWNLOAD & READ
... 188–89, 192, 194, 214, 216, 223, 262n86; animal behavior, 174; antidemocratic approach of, 190–91; autonomous man, 191; as hippie prophet, 190; operant conditioning, 173–74, 177, 179; Panopticon of, 174–75; pleasure-pain psychology, ...
Author: Cathy Gere
Publisher: University of Chicago Press
View: 464DOWNLOAD & READ
wrong for the listener to derive pleasure from the account of pain and if so, what does that tell us about the a priori (given and understood as truthful) statements in the bulleted list above? If we intuitively feel that it is wrong ...
Author: Mark Doel
Publisher: Macmillan International Higher Education
Category: Political Science
View: 833DOWNLOAD & READ
"When first I undertook the study of the theory of Art, many years ago, I was impressed by the emphasis of pleasure attainment in all descriptions of art works, and by the emphatic pleasurableness of my own mental state during the ...
Author: Henry Rutgers Marshall
View: 216DOWNLOAD & READ
As with knowledge , so too sympathy ' is propagated by pleasure ' , and the pain of others can only be acknowledged by subtle combinations with pleasure ' ( LB , 752-60 ) . The argument is not that only good news is worth hearing ...
Author: Alexander Freer
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Category: Literary Criticism
View: 379DOWNLOAD & READ
- Untitled Abigail Hing Wen
- Foxes & Boxes Volume One
- NEFERET LA PETITE EGYPTIENNE QUI SAUVA LE TRESOR DU PHARAON
- Women Painters of the World
- Spelling Ages 7-8
- Combattimento a mani nude. Il manuale di addestramento dei corpi speciali
- Realizing Soul
- Performing Arts in Transition
- Depression-Free for Life
- The Snark Handbook: Sex Edition
- Cambridge Primary English Teacher's Guide 3 with Boost Subscription
- Landscape Pyrography Techniques & Projects
- No Safe House
- Fresh Air
- Crime and Justice in America--A Reader: Present Realities and Future Prospects (2nd Edition)
- The Coaching Process: A Practical Guide to Becoming an Effective Sports Coach
- Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online Cookbook
- How to Master CCNA
- Advances in Magnetospheric Physics with GEOS-1 and ISEE
- Il simbolismo del corpo umano. Dallalbero della vita allo schema corporeo
- P.S. I Love You
- Networks for Learning and Knowledge Creation in Biotechnology
- Vendetta a freddo: Serie di Jack Reacher (La Gaja scienza)
- Vanders Renal Physiology, Ninth Edition
- Liposome Technology, Second Edition, Volume II
- Fuel Your Body
- Shadow of the Titanic: The Extraordinary Stories of Those Who Survived
- Practitioner's Handbook on International Commercial Arbitration
- Towards Schooling for the Twenty First Century
- All Year Round