Search Results for mary-slessor
Write and illustrate a children's book that covers some or all of the aspects of Mary Slessor's life . 2. Make a model of the mission house and medical dispensary at Ekenge built by Charles Ovens . 3. Before she left for Calabar , Mary ...
Author: Janet Benge
Publisher: YWAM Publishing
View: 579DOWNLOAD & READ
Livingstone, Mary Slessor, 8. 16. Ibid., 7. 17. The Monthly Visitor was published as an evangelistic tool by the YMCA. By the time Mary Slessor left for Calabar, it had a circulation of more than a quarter million with some 500 ...
Author: Jeanette Hardage
Publisher: Wipf and Stock Publishers
View: 127DOWNLOAD & READ
Those were times of tragedy, when even Mary's pittance added to Mrs. Slessor's wage was not sufficient to support the family. With tears of gladness in her eyes, Mary gave her first earnings to her mother, whose eyes also brimmed at the ...
Publisher: Ambassador International
Category: Biography & Autobiography
View: 941DOWNLOAD & READ
This particular market is held every ninth day , and on the succeeding market - day , some women from the village by the side of Miss Slessor's house happened to pass along the path and heard the child feebly crying : they came into ...
Author: William Pringle Livingstone
View: 705DOWNLOAD & READ
All the family were delicate, and it was not long before Mary was left with only two sisters and a brother--Susan, John, and Janie. Mrs. Slessor's fragility prevented her battling successfully with trial and misfortune, but no children ...
Author: W. P. Livingstone
View: 348DOWNLOAD & READ
CHAPTER SIX " The Mother of all the Peoples ' : geographical knowledge and the empowering of Mary Slessor Cheryl McEwan Introduction Many British women found it easier to enter the public sphere and exercise direct influence within the ...
Author: Morag Bell
Publisher: Manchester University Press
View: 895DOWNLOAD & READ
W. P. Livingstone, Mary Slessor of Calabar: Pioneer Missionary (1916), p. 323. 2. Livingstone, Mary Slessor, p. 344. 3. J. Buchan, The Expendable Mary Slessor (Edinburgh, 1980), p. xi. 4. See J. Haggis, 'White women and colonisation: ...
Author: William Knox
Publisher: Edinburgh University Press
Category: Social Science
View: 489DOWNLOAD & READ
Mary's First Day Mary's mum had found work as a weaver and Mr Slessor had too . Mary smiled sometimes , feeling that somehow life was going to get better . However , the poverty meant that education was out of the question .
Author: Catherine MacKenzie
Publisher: Christian Focus
View: 440DOWNLOAD & READ
Mary Sless 3 0000 065 177 077 reason - except one - to be afraid . ... Surrounded by warring tribes that were governed by witchcraft and barbaric rites , Mary Slessor nonetheless went where few dared to bring hope and light to the once ...
Author: Sam Wellman
Publisher: Barbour Pub Incorporated
Category: Biography & Autobiography
View: 434DOWNLOAD & READ
- Composites in Infrastructure - Building New Markets
- Buried in the Sky: The Extraordinary Story of the Sherpa Climbers on K2's Deadliest Day
- Till We Next Meet
- Bond 11+: English and Verbal Reasoning: Assessment Papers for the CEM 11+ tests
- The Home Queen Cook Book (1901)
- Personalised Learning for Young People with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Working with Spanish Corpora
- Sacrifice of the Septimus: Part 1 (Afterlife saga Book 7)
- African-Americans in Defense of the Nation: A Bibliography
- Handbook for Doctor of Ministry Projects
- The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean
- The Strange One
- How to Troubleshoot, Repair, and Modify Motorcycle Electrical Systems
- Endgame Vol.1
- Environmental Impact Assessment: A Guide to Best Professional Practices
- Conquer Your Critical Inner Voice
- The Day Is Dark: A Thriller (Thora Gudmundsdottir Book 4)
- Myself as Witness
- Observational Measurement of Behavior
- Norse Magic
- Supporting Spelling (Helping Hands)
- Ebersole and Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging 4e
- Dog Training & Behavior
- Heroes of the 21st Century
- Electronic and Magnetic Properties of Chiral Molecules and Supramolecular Architectures
- Introduction to Networks v6 Companion Guide
- Unknown Depths
- Bomb: The Author Interviews
- Astounding Knits!: 101 Spectacular Knitted Creations and Daring Feats
- Michael Kenna: Forms of Japan